Saturday, January 19, 2013

Avocado Monster

Drew is 6 months today, wow time passes quickly. Posting from the ipad tonight so I apologize for any errors!

I am a firm believer in breast fed babies waiting until 6 months to start ANY kind of solid foods. So I did. I also ( through research and popular knowledge) completely skip baby cereals. After all "food before one is just for fun"

Avocado is Drews first "real" food, he absolutely loved it. I fed him half of one all mashed up and thinned out. He probably would have eaten an entire one, but I would rather him fill up on milk instead!

I am so glad he enjoyed it. After about a week I will probably try another veggie. Squash and peas are next on the list.

His food will all be made at home, and as much of it as I can will be organic! We were lucky enough to get an amazing cuisinart hand mixer from one of Andrews old co-workers (Brad). This thing is awesome!

Talking about this new mixer...I have made quite a few health food smoothies with it recently! It is so much easier than a blender or food processor. I made a raspberry, blackberry, and spinach smoothie the other day, it was delicious. I add a bit of crushed ice and a splash of water to help with the consistency.

My goal for February is to make an effort to eat a lot healthier and to exercise more than I do now. I try to do a little bit of cardio throughout the day while watching the kids, buts its not always possible. We do however take advantage of days when the weather s nice and we go for walk in the double stroller and we run around the backyard ( Drew watches if course)!

I will have to add photos later, posting from the ipad is kind of the pits but I do not have a lot of time to hop on the computer.

Until later


Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment